The Sonora restoration project is scheduled to start promptly at 8:30 a.m.,
this coming Saturday. Following are the latest lists of those confirmed to
go and those on the waiting list. Anyone on the waiting list with an
asterisk by your name, send me your phone number (or if you know their
phone numbers, send them to me in case they don't see this message).

Beginning tonight, I will not confirm anyone by e-mail but only by phone if
an opening develops. There won't be time to wait for someone to reply by
e-mail to messages. If you are not in (or not answering) when I call, I'll
go to the next person on the list, and then the next person until I find
someone to fill the gap. As with e-mails, there won't be time to wait
indefinitely for people to respond to voice mail messages. By this method,
even people way down the list may get called. In some years I've called as
many as 20 cavers before reaching someone to fill one vacancy.

While I hope everyone currently signed up can make it, if you need to
cancel please do so ASAP to increase the odds that someone can take your
place. As Saturday approaches, some people will begin to make other plans.
To those of you on the waiting list, keep in mind that I get cancellations
up to Friday night due to last minute illness, etc., so it is always
possible you may get called. If anyone needs to cancel on Friday, please do
so by phone to be sure you reach me: 210-558-4403.

I encourage anyone who has slides to show to bring them. Does anyone have a
digital projector they can bring so we can show slides in PowerPoint? If
you do or can loan one, please let me know. If you don't bring something,
you'll be stuck watching whatever I dredge up. It looks like we'll have
another fine group of cavers at Sonora this year. I look forward to seeing
you there.

George

LIST OF CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
FOR CAVERNS OF SONORA 2005 RESTORATION PROJECT
70 confirmed, 7 on the waiting list, 2 vegetarians

Confirmed List:
1.      Ken Alnor
2.      Don Arburn
3.      Nicolas Arburn