I would heartily agree with Gill [The TEXAS CAVER--RIP??? (Gill Ediger)]
that the Texas Caver should be placed on the Internet and replace the paper
publication.  I would suggest a trial period of one year to two  years to
really
get a feel how this may work out.  The longer trial  period would test the
process of handing off the electronic publication to a new  editor.

On the narrowly defined goal of placing it on the Internet, it is well work
the experiment.

The idea of having the Texas Caver free to all that are interested is very
appealing.  Discussions can be had about membership fees and Texas Caver
access, but the Internet posting of the Caver should be done regardless.

It is always entertaining when Gill blows the fog (voice) of reason into  the
minds of cavers on various issues.  I think he has something  here.

Paul Johnston