>The Myo XP is the cheapest 3-watt light I've seen.

         People have been talking about the Petzl Myo XP headlamp.  I
do not own one but have been on several trips with someone using it,
and it seems quite good and reliable, and gets good battery
"mileage".  You can cut expenses by using rechargeable nickel metal
hydride batteries.  The boost definitely works if the batteries are
fresh enough.  They will be on sale at REI for only $50 instead of
the usual $70 during their winter sale Nov. 18 - 27.

Mark Minton