Folks,

Thought I would send this along. I’m kick starting the webinar series. We have
six great webinars planned over the next two months.

The announcement should also be posted on the NSS web page in a day or so but
thought I would send it along to Texas Cavers first.

Thanks,

Geary

Tracer Testing (Dye Tracing) in Karst Aquifers
Presenter: Geary Schindel, NSS AVP & Technical Officer for Edwards Aquifer
Authority

Join us for a Webinar on November 5

[http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/webinar/themes/basic/button_registerNow.gif]<https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/789694671>

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/789694671

On Wednesday, November 5th at 8 PM Central Time, Geary Schindel will present a
webinar on tracer testing. Tracer testing (dye tracing) is a very powerful tool
to investigate groundwater flow paths and time of travel in karst aquifers.

Tracer testing can be used to define karst groundwater basins, the relationship
between surface activities and water resources, identify source water
protection zones, and develop realistic spill response plans.  This
presentation will discuss common tracing methods and dyes, potential
liabilities, and interpretation of results.

Geary Schindel, P.G. is the Chief Technical Officer for the Edwards Aquifer
Authority in San Antonio, Texas and the President of Karst Works, Inc., a
professional consulting firm that specializes in tracer testing and
environmental investigations in karst aquifers.

Geary has performed hundreds of tracer tests since the early 1980’s and has
performed environmental work in more than 30 states and a number of foreign
countries. He is a fellow and also the Administrative Vice President for the
National Speleological Society and was recently named a fellow of the
Geological Society of America.

Geary had given very successful webinars for the NSS in the past. Due to
limited space please register early and arrive at least  10 minutes early to
reserve you space.

This webinar and all webinars are recorded and stored on the NSS website.
www.caves.org<http://www.caves.org> for future viewing and use by members and
Grottos.

Title:

Tracer Testing (Dye Tracing) in Karst Aquifers

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Time:

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM CST (9:00 PM ET / 7 PM MT / 6 PM PT Check your time zone for
correct time)

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet