Bill wrote "should be scanned and replaced in the TSA or TSS archive of issues,
though probably no need to mess with what's in KIP." I strongly disagree.

First, KIP makes the Texas Caver and other publications available and easily
discoverable internationally, not just those who know to look in the TSA or TSS
websites or who luck into them through a web search.

Second, one of the common misconceptions we experience is from helpful cavers
who volunteer to scan materials and send them for posting on KIP. It is far
better if the KIP team does the scanning. Their highly specialized equipment
scans in ways that our typical home and office scanners can't. Also, the KIP
team encodes a lot of hidden data in each scan, making them easier to find and
usable by tools that will be implemented by KIP in the future to give users
even greater abilities in finding and using the information.

In short, if any of you find something missing or badly scanned and have an
unbound copy that you would allow the KIP team to scan to fill the gap and/or
post a better version, please let me know.

By the way, some of the problems pointed out by Bill and Mark have now been
fixed.

Thanks,

George

********************
George Veni, Ph.D.
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Office: 575-887-5517
Mobile: 210-863-5919