The City of Austin - Watershed Cave Team is trying to put together a report
about Austin Caverns, and we'd like some input from cavers who've actually
been in there! Big questions are: Is the north part horizontal, how high
are the ceilings, etc.. Also are there cavers interested in an effort to
preserve the cave if lots to the entrance were acquired? Is this cave worth
messing with or is it too unstable?
But really, any information we can get from people who've actually been in
the cave, would be super helpful. If we can get the report sent in on time,
we have a good shot at getting permission to work on the cave, which means
volunteer opportunities for you, yes YOU! to come and be instrumental in
getting Austin Caverns back open!

Please contact me off-list if you have been to the cave and can lend some
insight!
trog...@cavechat.org

-Heather Tucek

--