NOAA has posted a map on the general drought forecast through March 2015 at
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/expert_assessment/seasonal_drought.pdf.

The Paradise Canyon area is listed as “Drought remains but improves” surrounded
by nearby areas of “Drought removal likely.” Looking at NOAA’s long-term
precipitation predictions, the chances for rain are higher than normal through
March but remain normal the rest of the year. “Normal” rainfall could put a
little water into the river.

I checked the website for the Texas State Climatologist, which is out of date.
The last posted forecast was for August through October 2013.

George

********************
George Veni, Ph.D.
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Office: 575-887-5517
Mobile: 210-863-5919