Folks,

Here is the an outline of activities for the NSS Board of Governors Weekend.
The NSS Board Meeting will be held on March 7th, starting at 9 pm at Edwards
Aquifer Authority at 900 E. Quincy Street, San Antonio, Texas. The Edwards
Aquifer Authority is located on the north side of downtown near the
intersection of I-35 and I-10 and 281.

Friday Social (March 6) will be at Kurt and Kitty Menking's House starting
around 6 pm. This is a pot luck hosted by the Grotto. If you're not a BOG
member, we ask that you please bring a dish. There will be drinks and food
available. The address is 8255 Bindseil Ln, San Antonio. You can reach Kurt or
Kitty at 210-325-5598. Look for blue address sign for 8255 and Aggie maroon
fence and gate. Driveway is a dirt road and the house is 1,000 feet from
Bindseil Lane. (Talk to Kitty about possible special roof excursions).

Saturday BOG meeting (March 7) starts at 9 am. The Edwards Aquifer Authority is
located near I-35 and 281 on the north side of downtown. The address is 900 E.
Quincy Street. Park in the front of the building (Parking off Quincy). The
front of the building will be open. My cell phone is 210.326.1576. The grotto
will be providing breakfast food, drinks, and lunch for the board. The expected
agenda for the first half of the meeting will be open and the second half of
the meeting will most likely be a closed session as the NSS Board of Governors
is voting on the NSS awards to be presented at the NSS Convention.

Saturday Social (March 7) - There will be a Saturday night social starting
around 7:30 pm at Geary and Sue Schindel's house located at 11310 Whisper Dawn,
San Antonio Texas. The phone number for the house is 210.479.2151. This is a
pot luck social with mostly finger food and some other eats. Please also bring
a dish. Some drinks will be provided but if you have a preference, please bring
your own.  (Stay off the roof).

Monday Bexar Grotto Meeting (March 9) (7 pm on March 9th at Chester's
Hamburgers located at 281 north and Mecca Drive). The program will be NSS
President Wm Shewsbury talking about the NSS. Meeting are open with dinner and
drinks on your own.

Special Excursions.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the following:

                Friday Wine Tour of the Texas Hill Country (March 6)
Arranged by Sue Schindel at 210-313-9976 cell or
gschin...@mindspring.com<mailto:gschin...@mindspring.com> This will leave
around 1:30 pm from San Antonio and will visit one or two wineries. Depending
upon the number of people interested, we may arrange special transportation. We
will be back in time for the party.

                Sunday Wine Tour of the Texas Hill Country (March 8)
Arranged by Sue Schindel at 210-313-9976 cell or
gschin...@mindspring.com<mailto:gschin...@mindspring.com> This will leave
around 10 am and will visit two or three wineries. Depending upon the number of
people interested, we may arrange special transportation. We will need to know
your travel schedule but assume that you will be eating lunch in the Texas Hill
Country and will be back before dinner time. You may be expected to help with
transportation costs and wine and food will be on your own.

Sunday Caving (Gregg Williams) (March 8)
We can arrange trips to a couple of caves in the area including Robber Baron
Cave in San Antonio (1 mile long maze cave), Spring Creek Cave (multi-mile long
wet suit cave), or a tour of some of the nearby Commercial Caves such as Cave
without a Name, Cascade Caverns, or Natural Bridge Caverns, or possible visit
to Bracken Bat Cave.  Please let us know if you're interested in a caving trip
and we can arrange something according to your interests and skills.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Geary Schindel