The October 1975 NSS News contains an article titled "A Report on Las Grutas
del Palmito (Bustamante)." The article is unsigned; the first three paragraphs
are copied below (from OCR of scan--excuse the errors). Anybody know who wrote
that? I'm compiling a bibliography of Mexico items in the NSS News over the
years. -- Mixon

After six years of talk, the ball begins
to roll. On August 8 I returned from two
days of meetings with State and Federal
officials in Monterey, Mexico. The meetings,
covered by seven newspapers and
three television stations, concerned the
growing amount of vandalism in Bustamente
due, of course, to the increased
but unsupervised visitation. The only
available sol\ltion seems proper commercialization.
As many of you know, an Alamo
Grotto sponsored group recently visited
Bustamente and brought back up-todate
slides and reports on vandalism.
Thirty-six hours were spent inside the
cave because of the special consideration
given the group.
In my presentation to the officials
I was able to show slides from twelve
previous trips, plus the last one. Quite a
bit of change in these years from 1950
to date. Most of the slides were available
only through the good graces of an, older
caver, artist, and photographer, Erwin
Wesp. Thanks many times. Many should
remember him.