Cavers had a work day at Honey Creek Cave property on June 6th and 16
volunteers showed up to work on making preliminary road repairs.  The old
ranch road has about 6” to 1’ berm along both sides of most of the ½ mile
ranch road from the highway to the cave shaft. Heavy rains, bound by the
berms, cause the road to become a river so, during our January 2014 thank
haul trips to Honey Creek Cave, we began making plans to divert water from
the road.

On June 6th, Kurt Menking had a tractor out to dig several sections of
trenches through the berms and cavers continued the work with picks,
shovels and rocks bars.  The day was very hot and we were glad to have
segments of shade while we worked.  The preliminary work of beginning the
trenches is done and we eagerly await the next rain to see if the trenching
was effective. We will continue to have work days out at Honey Creek to
continue road repairs and assist the landowner with tasks.

Thank you to the following volunteers who assisted this weekend.

   1. Kurt Menking
   2. Ellie Falgout
   3. Guin McDaid
   4. Bennett Lee