I believe Angel was with Fidel Castro and his brother-in-law the famous
geographer (and really great guy) Antonio Núñez during the revolution and was
mostly in charge (with Antonio) of cave exploration and mapping. He is full of
more stories than you will have time to listen to. Get him to talk!
For those of you who have been to the cave house in La Havana, there is a big
photo on the wall of the whole group in a cave, with Castro (especially) all
decked out in his normal army field gear, and all slopping through the mud. I
believe Antonio published this photo in some of his books, so it’s available.
John Greer
Casper