In my browsing through old issues of the NSS News, I found a tabulation (June
2003) of long caves per 10,000 square miles in states. Texas doesn't look too
good, as will be no surprise. With 0.76 caves over one mile in length per
10,000 square miles, it is eighteenth on the list. It is a bit worse,
nineteenth, with 2.82 miles of caves over one mile in length per 10,000 square
miles. Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Hawaii take the top four spots
in both lists, in different orders.--Mixon
Rules to live by: Don't. And don't forget to.