*Let's Set a World Record! *

Bat Week 2015 is coming soon and we invite you to join us in celebrating
the importance of bats. With your help, we will set a World Record for Most
Bat Houses Built in a Day—a fun way to get the community active in
conservation and to give bats healthy, safe homes.

We invite you to host a Bat House Building event at your location on October
31, 2015. Our goal is to have multiple sites across the U.S. and Canada
host events in order to reach a record of 5,000 bat houses built in a day.
Bat houses are easy and fun to build for both kids and adults. Kits will be
available with all the necessary components and pre-drilled holes or you
can download free designs to build your own from scratch.

This World Record Day will fall on the last day of Bat Week, an annual,
international weeklong block of programs and media appearances designed to
draw attention to bats. Now in its second year, Bat Week focuses on
activating the public to become involved in conservation. Bat Week is
organized by a volunteer Steering Committee comprised of representatives
from the Organization for Bat Conservation, Bat Conservation International,
US Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Wildlife Acoustics, Lubee
Bat Conservancy and the Save Lucy Campaign.

What You Can Expect From Us

The Bat Week Steering Committee will provide you with informational tools
to promote, host and document your participation in the World Record Bat
House Building Day. We will also give you contact information to order bat
house kits and free design plans to build your own.

In the week leading up to the World Record day, we will be working with the
media, celebrities and corporations to maximize promotion of the activity.
Promotion will direct the public to our website, www.batweek.org, which
will list all host sites for bat house building, allowing people to find a
location nearest to them.

What We Ask From You

If you will be using bat house kits for your event, we would need your
commitment to purchase bat house kits by September 18 in order to prepare
the materials. Kits will be sold directly from the manufacturer at
wholesale prices, which are roughly $30 each. The manufacturer will drop
ship the kits directly to you in time for the event. (These bat houses are
single-chamber, cedar bat houses designed to maximize the likelihood of use
by bats).

Once you decide to become a host site, we will list your location on our
website and send you the tools you will need to promote and host your
event.

You may decide how to distribute the completed bat houses following the
event. Participants can take the bat house home, you can keep the bat
houses for your facility or you can donate the bat houses to another group.

What’s Next?
This will be an amazing day and we hope you will join us! Please reply to
this email if you are interested in becoming a host site or if you have
further questions. Alternatively, you can contact Danielle Todd at the
Organization for Bat Conservation at dt...@batconservation.org