For those of you who haven't heard all trips at Honey Creek Cave are on hold
until we can repair the ranch roads that were damaged this past January.  The
tank haul trips earlier this year had about 100 cavers in attendance two
weekends in a row to get the dive gear for a 4 person dive team into and out of
the cave.  Unfortunately we had rain events during and or before both weekends.
 The wet ground combined with lots of traffic created long stretches of  deep
ruts that now hold water with any little rain for weeks afterwards.  Even when
the road is dry it is very difficult to navigate.

We had a work day in June this year which was mostly aimed at working on some
of the drainage issues related to the road problems.  We knew the only lasting
solution to the problem was to move and spread lots of fill / base material to
fill in the ruts, and crown the roads to keep the water from running down the
road.  With summer weather quickly approaching I decided to wait until Fall to
get back to the HC road project.  Well now it's fall, and I've lined up some
equipment and picked a date of October 24-25 to have another work day.  Anyone
with access to a backhoe, excavator, bobcat, dump truck, dump trailer, 250 or
350 truck, road grater, road roller or compactor, or any other equipment that
might be helpful please let me know.

I'm expecting this to be mostly a heavy equipment weekend, and we'll need some
ground support.  But I don't want a big crowd, because I don't want ground
support getting in the way of the equipment.  Plus I don't want any ground
support folks injured by any of the equipment.

Depending on how the October 24th  weekend goes we may have a follow-up trip
with lots of people to do some finish work, trim trees, and whatever else needs
to be done.  Perhaps with a cave trip afterwards to celebrate.

Kurt