Interesting. I went caving with a flashlight and two friends in 1956 as
well in the Guadalupe Mts on the highway going to Carlsbad. It was right
there above Salt Flats and Dell City. We drove out in a 1948 Mercury and
were camping and drinking beer we had bought in Juarez and sneaked over to
Texas. We were ostensibly hunting, armed to the teeth when we found this
cave which was huge and had water passages. Well up in the mountains.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Fritz Holt via Texascavers <
texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

>  They probably were but without a sanctioning body or organization and
> caving information was mostly word of mouth between spelunkers ( not
> cavers). My first non commercial cave was Frio Cave on the Annandale Ranch
> near Concan in 1953 at 18. It is still an interesting cave.
> Fritz Holt
> fritz...@gmail.com
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 9, 2015, at 8:02 AM, Nancy Weaver via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
> boy.  I was under the impression that texas cagers were exploring the hell
> out of texas caves.
>
> nancy
> On Dec 8, 2015, at 11:51 PM, Carl Kunath via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
> Texas cavers were plodding along
> with no such thing until 1956.

Charlie Loving