Cavers,

The Texas Cave Management Association will convene again at Ezells Cave
Preserve in San Marcos on Saturday, February 20, 2016 beginning around 9:00 in
the morning to finish removal of the old gate.  Pete Strickland will be in
charge of this chore with assistance from Matt Turner and others.  You are all
cordially invited to attend.

Additionally, we will be removing thick brush, briars, and removing dead wood
in trees throughout the acreage.  We will also continue to remove the many
invasive species (trees) living in the lower slopes of the property.  A major
project will involve bamboo eradication which continues to invade the southeast
corner of the preserve.  This may involve both cutting and removing the stalks
and grubbing out the roots.

And of course trash removal and brush clearing along Brown Street will be an
ongoing project.  Once cleared, additional mulch will be spread to slow erosion
and provide cover for recovering native grasses and shrubs.

After the work session, the cave will be open to the hard working volunteers.
So bring your tools and caving gear for the Winter 2016 annual maintenance day
at Ezells Cave Preserve.  I will bring lunch, snacks and drinks.  If you have
questions or need directions, please give me a call.

The TCMA cannot manage our properties without the on-going assistance of
Volunteers in Preserves (VIPs). And I hope those who have labored here in the
past have enjoyed the TCMA preserve and our window into the aquifer.

Ron Ralph, Manager

Ezells Cave Preserve

Cell: (512) 797-3817

February 1, 2016