That TED talk is mainly about the Tapuis in Venezuela and the discovery of one
of the largest caves in those quartzite mountains. Very nice. The speaker,
Francesco Sauro, is a member of the Italian group La Venta, which explores
caves all over the world, supported, I gather, by resulting articles, films,
and books. They have been active in Mexico, and the AMCS sells several of their
books. See
http://www.mexicancaves.org/other/otherpubs.html

Sauro is one of the authors of a nice article in the September 2013 NSS News
about the same Tapui and cave that are featured in the TED talk.
https://caves.org/nss-business/publications/NSS_News/2013/September_13.pdf
Some of the photos in it are the same as ones in the talk. If you aren't an NSS
member, you're SOL.

A number of Mexico and other articles by members of the La Venta group are at
http://www.laventa.it/en/pubblicazioni
The last five articles there are about the Tapuis. Much of this material is in
Italian, however.

A nice coffee-table book about the environment of Tapuis, including the
extensive caves, is Marek Audy's "Brány do Ztraceného Svĕta," no doubt
difficult to find in the US. But a PDF of the book is at
http://audy.speleo.cz/bocas.pdf, worth browsing for the photos, even though
their resolution is poor in the PDF.

An excellent and free PDF in English is "Venezuelan Tepuis: Their Caves and
Biota," available at
http://www.academia.edu/3462814/Venezuelan_tepui_their_caves_and_biota
My review of that is in the same NSS News. If you don't want to log in to
download the PDF of the book, you can read it by just scrolling down on that
page.

--Mixon
Q: Why is the universe here?
A: Where else could it be?