Thank you for access, Frank!

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Binney via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
To: Texas Cavers <Texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 10, 2016 3:13 pm
Subject: [Texascavers] Free Shiner Beer

Every wonder why the Spoetzl Brewery donates free Shiner Beer to TCR and other
Texas caver events?
The short answer is that Bill Steele and Don Auburn ask them for it. The long
answer is that in the early 1970s, Bill Russell funded my UT student film about
the history of Shiner Beer.
Shown to Texas legislators, the low-budget documentary built support for
special legislation that made it possible for Spoetzl Brewery and later craft
brewers to successfully compete with the mass market brands. The Shiner folks
have been grateful ever since.
For those cavers interested in viewing “Last of the  Little Breweries”, it is
now available as a private upload on Vimeo via the following link and password:

https://vimeo.com/145422561

Password (all lower case): shinerbeer

I recommend watching with a cold Shiner in hand.
Prost!

Frank Binney
Frank Binney & Associates
Interpretive Planning and Media Development
P.O. Box 258
Woodacre, CA 94973
415.488.1200 Voice
415.488.1500 Fax