Cavers,

I would like to thank the 6 volunteers who came out to spread mulch and finish
old gate removal at the Texas Cave Management Association’s Ezells Cave
Preserve in San Marcos on Sunday, 20 March 2016.  Your labor made a big
difference in combating erosion and in cleaning up the face of our property.
Volunteers included Ken Demarest, Ellie Falgout, Denise Prendergast, John
Schneider, Pete Strickland, and Sam W. Young.

Finishing gate removal were Pete, Ken and John.  They took out the rest of the
concrete, removed rebar anchor pins, ground off broken rebar, removed the last
three inch pipe from the wall and removed the plywood platform.  Pete then
patched the holes with a thin mortar mix.  The only thing left to do is to
secure the pipe ladder on the first drop.  The rest of the crew spread mulch
below Brown Street and removed a Japanese Privet tree. TCMA could not have made
such progress without the many hours of volunteer time provided by each of you.
 Concrete removal and bamboo clearing will be on the agenda for the next
maintenance day.

The TCMA cannot manage our properties without the on-going assistance of
volunteers in preserves (VIPs).  Keeping up our cave resources is an ongoing
chore, and one that the TCMA can only applaud as a job well done.

Ron Ralph, Manager

Ezells Cave Preserve