I gather from the latest post that others on the Texascavers list can see
posted images whereas I cannot. Is that because I subscribe to the digest?

As to Cass being cold and wet, that's a fact! There used to be a sign by
the drop announcing that you would die if you went down by the waterfall.
That  left the belay loft where you could easily get stuck coming back up
because the  rope could easily get wedged in an impassible crack.

I will not forget the evening that I emerged from Cass with a group of
cavers from the Northern New Jersey Grotto. The sun had just set and we looked
across a vast tableau of mountain ridges fading from green to blue to
violet. It  was beautiful in a way that only West Virginia can be.

As we walked down the mountain across a wide pasture we suddenly heard the
thundering of hooves behind us. A herd of young bulls was charging straight
at  us!

Perhaps it is due to my extreme fear of heights, but whenever I manage to
overcome my fear and bop a major drop like Cass I am thereafter elated upon
cheating death. So, instead of breaking and running from the bulls I
charged  straight at them with the intention of punching El Toro in the nose.
That
did  the trick! They turned and ran while I continued to chase them until I
realized  how tired I was and turned back to join my companions. Take that
you  big bullies!

Sleazeweazel