I have just received my Canadian Caver #82 and am reminded that I ought to
recommend this nice publication. Number 82 has 40 pages and is by no means
limited to material about Canadian caves. It contains a long article about
camping at the top of Mt. Rainier to study and survey the steam caves
surrounding the east crater and another about a deep through-trip between two
entrances of the BT5-BT6 system in the Pyrenees that hadn't been done in
decades. "The 25-year-old 7-mm French rope looked good enough, the spits only
moved a little, we just kept going...." Subscription information is at
www.cancaver.ca. Subscriptions for mailing to the US are Can$24 for one year
(two issues) ordered by mail or Can$26 via PayPal. Two-year subs are also
available, but at no discount. The Canadian dollar is currently worth US$0.74.
I have the impression that they have correspondents in the US who can deal with
checks in US dollars, although they don't say so.

The Canadians have always been active outside of Canada, including Mexico and
West Virginia in the olden days. In fact, the very first issue from 1969
contains maps from both those areas, including the Canadians' important map of
Sótano del Río Iglesia in the Huautla area. They are now selling a DVD with PDF
files of all issues from 1 through 80, 1969-2015, with older issues scanned and
OCRed, for Can$28 postpaid to the US. A cumulative index is included. The same
web address has a link for ordering that. -- Mixon
A chicken is the egg's way of making another egg.