Gaston Santos father was the Gov. of SLP and owned the ranch across the
street from the hotel in Tamuin. We had his permission to cave but had to
extra careful because he raised Toros for the corrida. He also had student
protestors shot in SLP and was fired.
Gaston Jr was a bull fighter and a pal of Foxey and a UT grad.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM, via Texascavers <
texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

> Now we are getting somewhere!
>
> Aside from the Zetas, etc, why is the place so unpopulated? Bad dirt?
> Wretched vegetation? Thorn scrub never stopped a Mexican or a cow, and
> neither does cloud forest.
>
> Are these mountains older than the Sierra Madre Oriental? Different
> orogeny? Subsequent up igneous oozing? Salt dome? Nascent volcano?
>
> These are reputed to be "sky island" mountains but they seem too low and
> insufficiently isolated for that to be the case from a biogeographical
> perspective. Has anyone seen any cute little rattlesnakes there? Any other
> weird endemism?
>
> And why is Zacaton so deep? Is the whole area subsiding or is sulphuric
> acid rising up from Hell?
>
> After Trump takes office will it be possible to apply to either the Zetas
> or the Gulf cartel for political asylum? If so how can they be reached?
>
> Sleaze
>
> In a message dated 1/16/2017 12:07:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> texascavers@texascavers.com writes:
>
> There is, or was remnant cloud forest there.
>
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Lee H. Skinner via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/15/2017 10:00 AM, Bill Mixon via Texascavers wrote:
>>
>> That valley El Picharo is certainly a curious feature. I wonder if it is an
>> old caldera. Whole region looks virtually uninhabited, which might (or might
>> not) make it a place for people up to no good to hang out. Surroundings
>> seems to have well-developed surface drainage. -- Mixon
>>

>> I wonder if it could be an old meteor crater?
>>

>> Lee

> --
> Charlie Loving

Charlie Loving