I remember Bob (Thrun that is) from what seems to me like the  dawn of
time. During the mid to late 60s the Washington DC area cavers were an  odd
lot,
lots of CIA spooks and autistic technogeeks like Bob. He took  caving very
seriously and was methodical in all matters. Having a peach  imspediment
didn't help his social skills. I remember him attending what  amounted to an
orgy during which he sat staring straight ahead for hours while  everyone
around him was busy screwing and hallucinating. I last saw  him a few years ago
at the Old Timers Reunion. He sat staring straight  ahead as before but
while wearing only a bra and panties.

I also remember Bob (Thren that is) and Squire Lewis at the  PSC fieldhouse
in Germany valley WV in about 1967. Bob was great but Squire  Lewis and I
almost got into a fight. He tried to throw me out of the fieldhouse  because
I had long hair. He apparently thought of himself as another Ken Kesey,  the
High Priest of all things cool. In his opinion I was just a punk and hadn't
 yet earned the right to grow an afro much less stay at the fieldhouse.

One more name for the Lutz memorial rock. Soon we will need a  bigger rock

Sleazeweazel

In a message dated 3/1/2017 3:55:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,