Andy was the first caver I met here in the Guadalupes - the NSS member with
the lowest number. Meeting him changed the course of my life in ways large
and small. In a great many ways I trace much of the science, upon which my
life has centered, and many of my friends, who have made my life enjoyable,
to the afternoon I first met Andy here in Carlsbad. Heartfelt condolences
for Maureen's loss, and profound thanks to her for having kept Andy
healthier and happier than he would have been without her: we all were the
richer because of it. I shall indeed treasure my original Komenskys and the
memories they invoke. Indeed, Sir, Cave ho!

JMQ