This post is most likely a total goose chase, but here is something for
someone to
look for someday if they are near the town of La Grange.

In 1986, Dr. Bill Elliot sent to me some info on some very small caves that
were vaguely
mentioned in the TSS Files for Fayette County.     The most promising of
which seemed to be called
"Meyer Cave."      Myself and an Aggie caver named David Mainz looked for
it for an hour,
but never found it.

We found a very tiny hole in the ground that did not meet the standards of
a cave, near
the location shown below.
29°52'59.2"N 96°53'43.5"W29.883100, -96.895412

This tiny hole seemed to fit the description of a cave called "Pugsley's
Cave."    I can't remember if that
is what the landowner called it, or what was in the TSS file.    It was a
10 foot long crawlway
about 2 feet high and the vertical entrance was about 4 feet in
diameter.    I did not note how
deep it was, but my memory was, that we crawled headfirst in about 6 feet
only.   It had some
brick around it to reinforce once side of the entrance.

Meyer Cave is described below and should be in that general area within a
mile or two.

>From TSS Note ( sent 1986 ):

MEYER CAVE

This cave consist of a room 40 feet long and 4 feet high. with entrances at
each end.
A slot at the south edge of the room goes down into a smaller room, 12 feet
long and
2 feet high.

The cave was explored by Stuart Murphy and Cathryn Robinson on November 4,
1973.

Location:    Panorama Estates, 4 miles west of Monument Hill State Park.

Ref.   S. Murphy

I scribbled something on this note about this being Mr. Meyer's property
and something about
County Road 335 and nearest landmark was a water tower ( for Pugsley's Cave
)

My recollection is lots of expensive homes and nobody would answer door and
lots and
lots of big barking dogs.

We did not have topo maps, or aerial imagery, and only spoke to one
landowner.   We
did not see anything that looked like karst, but there was plenty of rock
croppings that
were exposed.    We were also pressed for time.

I surfed around the property just now on Google and there seems to be some
oilfield
type structures that were probably not in that area before.    My vague
memory was that
we could not find away to cross Buckner's Creek on foot.    We were
definitely south
of the creek.    And north-northeast of Panorama Drive East.

David Locklear
NSS # 27639