I'm going to send him a letter tomorrow.

Bill Steele

Bob Liebman Update

If you are a relatively new caver and don't remember Bob & Bob there's no need
to read further.

As I'm sure you know, Bob Liebman is one of the Bobs in Bob & Bob. His cave
gear sales operation was a fixture at many caving events from around 1973 until
the early 2000s.

Bob is currently being treated for cancer and is in a rehab center near
Lewisburg, West Virginia. I was in the area this weekend stopped in to visit
him. He is really really weak, but he's alert and (as always) very
talkative. He seemed to be in fairly good spirits, but lamented that Bob & Bob
is now just a memory.

Several times during my visit he mentioned that he has received letters from
cavers thanking him for the personal service and advice he gave them as they
were getting started rather than just selling them stuff
and then ignoring them.

If Bob Liebman was instrumental in getting you properly equipped for caving
please take a minute and write him a short note thanking him for the advise he
gave you along with whatever you purchased. I think he will appreciate hearing
from his over 40 years of customers.

Bob doesn't do e-mail so please write to him at the following address:

Bob Liebman
PO Box 441
Lewisburg, WV 24901

Please pass this message on to any other cave-related e-mail lists.

Bob Hoke