interesting read.  My only experiences with people panicking at tight spots
that they had previously negotiated, was that the very fear seemed to make them
swell up and ‘not believe’ they could go forward.  It seemed that all my energy
went toward getting them to relax enough to go thru.  Laughter helped.  Its
interesting to watch someone who clearly is physically capable become
large/clumsy/paralyzed with fear.  And the obverse - the ‘oversized’ caver who
slithers through a tight spot easily because they know they can.
Nancy