--- Begin Message ---
David .
You may find that the light adjusts by pulling the headpiece in and out rather
than twisting left or right  Carol

      From: David via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
 To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Cc: David <dlocklea...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:36 AM
 Subject: [Texascavers] a new LED headlamp

I have stepped thru some kind of time-dimensional portal where everything and
everyone around me in my close circles of work and family are totally
incompetent and dragging me down like a cruise-ship anchor attached to a canoe
on the ocean.
The remedy is to just say to yourself "f*** it," and rush to the store and
purchase a new LED headlamp.
So I am now testing the Sure Bilt TE057-4AA.   Advertising 500 lumens with a
dimmer setting.    I would recommend this for a backpacking trip, and some of
the medium-size dry caves in Texas.
The battery pack is not even water-resistant, but is very easy to clean.   Some
duct-tape might make it water-resistant.
The light pattern is not really adjustable.   It is ideal for small walking
size passage only.
But it is readily available at AutoZone for $ 30 plus tax.
With 4 AA batteries, it may be the best headlamp under $ 33.

--- End Message ---