I have made this announcement annually each summer about 12 times, maybe 14.

I have to work in Houston this week.    I am self-employed.      My
customers can easily find
another person to take my work.    The problem is that my competitors might
complete the job at
a much lower cost, and then when I get home, my customers will be wondering
why they heck
they have been paying me so much money for so long, and why they should
even ever hire me again.   However,
it is also, likely that my competitor would screw up so bad, that my client
will be so over-joyed that I am back at
work ( In my dreams ).

The other issue is always the same.    Trying to justifiy the expense of
missing work and the $ 800 cost of the
trip, and what I could do instead.     If I stay home, I will most likely
just nap and spend the same amount
of money upgrading my computer.    All of that can be postponed.

So why even bother going to so much trouble to attend The Howdy Party only.
     There is just no way
I can attend more than 2 days of the convention.     Monday is my slow day
at work, and Friday is a
day I can not afford to miss, so I have to be back in Houston by Thursday
night.    So there is no way
I can attend the Thursday and Friday and Saturday events.    Trying to make
the Campground Party
on Wednesday night would be very difficult.

In theory, I can take my sweet-time driving to Rio Rancho and even go the
long way.    I could stop
in Mansfield ( south of Arlington ) and spend the night with my sister and
her family.     I could
stay a night in Albuquerque and try to look for some fun.

I am presently living in a motel, and have been for 3 months, and life here
is sort of like a daily
vacation.     I feel I not only have to pay the weekly payment while I am
gone, but will certainly
have to pay it for 2 weeks, just to make sure nothing goes wrong.
 Meaning, I really need to give
my motel manager $ 560 before I leave town.    That will be no problem if
my customers paid me, but
2 of them are being total a**-wipes, and not returning my calls.

So anyways,

I plan to leave Houston on Friday night the 16th, or Saturday the 17th.
Depending on when
I leave, I may have to make a pit-stop in the town of Brenham.    That is
because all my earthly possesions
are in a rental storage unit there.    I can not think of anything i need
for the trip, except items that
I want to donate to the auction.

I can only guess I will be passing thru Abilene on Saturday night or Sunday
morning.

The idea is to purchase a 2 day pass at the NSS Convention for Monday and
Tuesday.    Try to
get registered on Monday afternoon, and socialize at The Howdy Party, then
on Tuesday
attend the convention festivities and then high-tail it home, most likely
spending the night in
a motel near Abilene on the way back.

I will be brainstorming all my options, but due to not being able to
predict how the next
5 days will go, there is no way I can commit to anything.      This
summer's road-trip, I have even less marital
obligations than I did last year, so that is not an issue.    Plus, my
daughter will most likely not even realize I
left town for 4 or 5 days.   ( I only saw her once last week for 5 minutes
).

I can gaurantee you that if you were in my situation, you would go find the
nearest waterfall, and just sit
and relax and soak in it.    I just can not think of which waterfall that
would be.     Turner Falls ??   Somewhere
in Tennessee ??    Sitting Bull Falls Cave ?      A artificial waterfall
cave at a resort ???

It would be Las Grutas de Tolantongo in the Mexican state of Hidalgo,  if I
won the Powerball last night.

David Locklear
NSS # 27639