Similar cave land owner right cases in KY have been discussed and taken to
court starting in the late 1800's and early 1900's.
See below these stories-cases-briefs and review on Great Onyx Cave, 3 miles
from Mammoth Cave, Kentucky.
The history of Mammoth Cave is fascinating. I hope you can set aside some time
to read this account, especially L.P. Edwards vs. Edmund Turner.
A few years ago I was at Flint Ridge Baptist Church when Edmund Turner,
namesake of the famous Turner Avenue under Flint Ridge, was given a new
tombstone. The next time you stop by this cemetery to see Floyd Collins' final
resting place, please visit with Edmund Turner and so many others associated
with Mammoth Cave who are buried in that cemetery, the most famous caver
cemetery in the world.
http://chaselaw.nku.edu/content/dam/chaselaw/docs/academics/lawreview/v40/nklr_v40n1_pp001-048.pdf

Preston Forsythe
Browder, KY

    On Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:16 AM, Terry Holsinger via Texascavers