--- Begin Message ---
Given their advertising budget, a free review is a good thing. Carol

      From: Alex Sproul via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
 To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Cc: Alex Sproul <imoca...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:38 PM
 Subject: Re: [Texascavers] cave tours in the news

Hey, that's right next door to me, David! I'd give the reporter an B- for the
article,mostly because 6 of the 10 photos were of their lunch, as was much of
thepiece. But the description of the nation's oldest commercial cave was better
thanaverage, which isn't saying much; we see some pretty hideous ones...
Especiallyfrom flat-lander types like those Richmond folks. I doubt that it was
directorGarrison who misspelled 'stalagtite' and 'stalacmite,' and he certainly
wouldn'tdescribe the cave as 'gigantic.' George Washington surveyed nearby
FountainCave on the property, and left his signature on the wall.
We locals are happy that the town of Grottoes has taken over management ofthe
cave from the state, which wasn't doing much for it. Virginia Region cavershave
an annual event there to help maintain the cave and the property.
Alex