No ICS report would be complete without mention of "the congress cough."
Luckily the Mitchells avoided it. By my count at least 31 were afflicted with
diagnoses including influenza B, sinus and lung infections, colds, and
bronchitis. I know at least two people ended up in the hospital and at least
five people in bed for about a week, including me and the congress chairman
(no, we weren't in bed together).

It's a bummer way to wrap up an otherwise great time going down under down
under, but it's also the constant risk in travel and at any large gathering.
Hopefully we'll avoid such annoyances during the next ICS, which will be in
Lyon, France, in 2021. A website with information should be posted within a
year.

George

Sent from my phone

********************
George Veni, PhD
President, International Union of Speleology
and
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Office: +1-575-887-5517
Mobile: +1-210-863-5919