You don't need to go far from Bustamante for good swimming. Just go out
Bustamante Canyon to one of the swimming holes in the semi-developed park at
the headwaters, or pull off at any one of many unofficial pools downstream of
the park.

There is also a commercialized swimming hole on the road from Villaldama (just
south of Bustamante) to Sabinas Hidalgo called, I believe, Ojo de Agua. Another
swimming hole is in Lampazos to the north, also imaginatively called Ojo de
Agua, but it was sort of a dump last time I was there (admittedly quite some
time ago).

Mark Minton
mmin...@caver.net

On Sat, 18 Nov, 2017 at 2:41 PM, David via Texascavers