Thank you very much Geary, but that was the old me.

The new me is a cranky curmudgeon, just like my good friend Mr. Loving.

But I do hope to go in a cave again.

There is a 2% chance I will blow off my Sierra Madre Christmas trip, and
instead go to the big NSS party.

I do need to lay off the internet, as it is clear, even to me, that I have
stepped off into the deep-end of the pool.

And for the record, the caver recently criticizing my post was a great
influence in my life.

He took my fiancee and I to "The Squid Room" in 1986 and made a wonderful
black-n-white portrait of us.   In 1987, she soaked the photo in gasoline
and lit on fire on Wild Bill's front porch, nearly catching herself on fire
too and burning down the entire condo.    Fortunately, he generously gave
us 2 copies.  Apperently, she was not happy that I called off the
engagement.  Go figure ??

And he even took me back to "The Squid Room" in 1995, having prior
knowledge of my eccentricities.
( or maybe I crashed the trip uninvited ?? )

Check out his article about welding a threaded-nut to an ammo-can.  That is
my favorite.

David Locklear
C.C.K.S.
( Cranky Curmudgeon Karst Society )