The Texas Speleological Survey (TSS) and the Texas Cave Management Association
(TCMA) are pleased to announce the new Texas Speleology Center! This facility
will serve as the new joint headquarters for both organizations and will
eventually be the new home of the TSS library currently located at the Pickle
Research campus. The Texas Speleology Center is located near Driftwood, TX
(southwest of Austin) and is in the former residence of Bill Mixon. The TCMA
and TSS wish to thank Bill for generously working with us to acquire this
property, which will serve the entire Texas caving community.

The Center is located on 5 quiet wooded acres and contains a main building and
a large metal barn. The main building contains a library, meeting room, office
space, and a cooking area. It also has a full size basement with its own lower
entrance and the main level has a large deck. The barn is suitable for storing
trailers and equipment or holding talks and events. The Center currently holds
the AMCS library, which we anticipate will continue.

The TCMA and TSS wish to thank the many people who helped this purchase come to
fruition and we look forward to inviting the Texas caving community to join us
at the Center in the upcoming year for many projects and events!

Joe Mitchell
President, Texas Speleological Survey

Gregg Williams
President, Texas Cave Management Association