Anybody in central Texas driving to Carlsbad Friday night ??

I hear there are caves near there.

On my left shoulder is a tiny voice of a guy saying, "Go for it, Life is
Short."

Meanwhile there is a similar voice in my right ear saying, "Don't you
listen to that d*mbo.   Remember he sent you to Nevada.  Remember
Marquette. Remember Vermont.  Remember Lake City." ( places that caused an
unexpected downward detour in my life ),

and that monotonous voice is overwhelmingly louder than the irrational fun
happy-go-lucky one on the left.

They seem to be at war 24/7, even when I sleep.

Sure I am sane.  Right. ??

Anyways, I doubt my Sequoia could make it there and back, and the gas cost
would be a monthly payment on the note.

And work is still a total clusterph*ck.   And, I am still dealing with
total b.s. issues related to Hurricane Harvey.

In hindsight,

I should have moved away back in late August.

David Locklear

P.S.

Anybody from the Dallas area ever hear of a bar band called, "Gypsy Blue?"
 I just reconnected with a childhood acquaintance that I was briefly close
to back in 1975 ( having not heard from them in 35 years ).  He taught me
that it was fun to get muddy, and prior to that, my parents would have
never let me do that.   Anyways, he is the band's lead singer and invited
me to their next show.  So I might add that to my future road-trip list.