From: Texascavers [mailto:texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com] On Behalf Of
David
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:06 PM
To: CaveTex <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] The Illusive Pit

The owner died.  His wife or children lived on Nebraska St. on the north side
of Laredo.

His name was Eustorgio Garcia.

I knocked on the door a few years ago, but nobody answered.

It is really hard to organize a trip there.

The ranch hand with the gate key lived in Candela about 5 blocks south of the
square.

You need 4x4 and mud tires to get past to muddy arroyos ( or carry lumber ),

but the rest of the way, you just need enough ground clearance and tough tires
to drive over the cactus.

Google Maps show dirt roads in the area of the valley below the cave

On Thu, May 17, 2018, 1:58 PM Bill Steele