Folks,

Here is a notification of the new NSS Member Directory. Note that this does not
replace the members manual but is a supplement and will include all members
past and present. I know that some folks have been contacted and concerned that
this is some spam effort to obtain personal information. You do have an
opportunity to opt out but I would encourage you to participate.

Thanks,

Geary Schindel
President
NSS

NSS Member Directory is now underway.

The new NSS Member Directory project is now underway. The first batch of
mailings went out in June and, as our partner organization, Publishing Concepts
(PCI) moves the project forward, everyone will be contacted. Just about the
time this issue of the NSS NEWS hits your mailbox, you should see a postcard or
email giving you the chance to update and expand your contact information.
Then, around the end of the month or early August, PCI will start work to catch
up with folks who have not yet responded.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the NSS Member Directory is not meant to
replace the NSS Members Manual. The annual Members Manual lists current and
active members of the Society only. This Directory is a one-time project. It
will attempt to list every NSS member ever. In addition, the Directory will
include a special photo section.  After you respond, you will receive an email
with a link that allows you to submit a photo and narrative.  The narrative is
a great way to share your grotto membership(s), caving career and other
highlights.

The NSS Directory will be available for purchase (NSS receives a portion of
each sale) during your member update call.

Your privacy is protected. As a member, you can: 1) opt in fully; 2) opt out
completely; or 3) specify any contact information (i.e., street address, cell
phone number, etc.) that you do not want printed in the Directory. Stay
connected and enjoy the experiences of fellow Cavers!