I have had more spare time this week that I was hoping for
( sort of on an unexpected work furlough )

So I have been surfing the web.

CheapOair just sent me an alert that they had a flight offer.

Their new offer today was a really good deal, but I did not take it.

The problem with their offer is that the discount flight are alternative
dates, that leave ( to come home )
on Friday, August 3rd, at 2:30 p.m, so if I did that
I would have to be at the airport by 12:30 on Friday.     Meaning
anyone doing that would miss most or all of the Friday activities.

The cost difference to leave on Saturday is substantial - nearly $ 300.
( The perk to leaving on
Saturday or Sunday, is that you can tell everybody goodbye, and relax
getting to the airport, instead
of just yelling across the room "Goodbye Everybody" and having to
hight-tail it to the airport in a taxi )

I still do not plan to go to the convention this year.

I have no idea if I will have work today or tomorrow, or next week or next
month,
and to add to that problem, my living situation today is borderline
dismal.    I thought I
had clawed my way up out of the abyss that I had fallen into last August (
after Hurricane Harvey ),
but it was an illusion.

I am certain of one thing though and that is that I am going
stir-crazy.
But it is so hard to tell, as I was going stir-crazy a long time ago.

D.L.