Greetings Cavers,
If you're able, willing, and in Austin for Independence Day, get in
something that you can paddle and join us for the bat flight and fireworks
show.

When everything's over it's very pleasant to coast back dowstream with the
current, so unless you have your own special place to put in, we can
recommend parking under or as close as possible to the north side of the I
35 bridge.  Let's say around 7:30.  The bats decide to grace us between
8:15-8:45, and flashy boom sky sparkles are about 9:30.  If you have a kind
of anchor, the fireworks display is much more relaxing without fighting the
current to stay in place.

We plan to have a flag hoisted so cavers coming from every which way at any
odd time can locate the group.  I don't yet know what it will look like.

With kindest regards,
Patty Calabrese
UT Grotto Vice Chair