“Sinusoidal oscillating illusion”

David, this is your best, pure poetry!

Sleaze

From: Texascavers <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com> On Behalf Of David
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:17 PM
To: CaveTex <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Subject: [Texascavers] Road-trip report

>From David Locklear

Hit delete button now

I am on my way home, with 300 more miles to drive.  The word "home" is not the
correct word, but it will have to do.

I learned little in this journey except that a swimming hole called LONG POOL
is somewhere I need to go every summer.

People seemed to be weird everywhere I went.

There are way too many opportunities to get a traffic citation.   We need a
special Federal Pass that allows people to travel and not get a traffic
citation.  I would buy that.   What a waste of taxpayer resources are TTW's (
traffic ticket writers ).

There are way too many 18-wheelers on the road.

I tried to meet up with distant cousins that I had not seen in years, or that I
had never met.  That was futile, and ended up being a waste of time.  I can
sleep in peace knowing I gave it 100% effort.

In the past 2 weeks, I wasted probably 20 man-hours on Craigslist trying to
find paying riders.   That too, was a total waste of time.  I doubt I would
have found a sane honest person.   While I joke about my own insanity, or poke
fun at myself, at least I am upfront about it.   People on Craigslist looking
for a ride can not be trusted.

I put my Sequoia in the shop last week and spent $ 1,600 on repairs.   But they
did something to cause "parasitic battery drain."   This ended up being a
setback causing me numerous problems.   One Arkansas Hillbilly Evangelist ( AHE
) took advantage of my misfortune and used it to bless my journey.

Floating downstream on all that cool flowing limestone-filtered water under a
shady pine tree while drinking your favorite cold beverage can severely warp
one's brain.

I became home-sick, but not for where I live, but for a place that doesn't
exist.

In fact, while laying I discovered a new theory that vegetation such as flora (
trees and flowers ) actually has a soul and that their soul has the unique
power to exist in 2 dimensions of time and space at the exact same moment in
sort of a sinusoidal oscillating illusion.  Other creatures can't do that.  [
Disclaimer: I was downwind of some farmers burning trashpile. ]

It is really hard to go on a road-trip alone in the heat of the summer.   A
driver needs an assistant to help watch the road for hazards, exists, to
operate the phone and the radio and plan for food and gas stops.  I was
thinking I need a robot to do such things, like Buck Rogers had.  I mean it is
2018.  Right ?

One odd thing happened to me:

I had the swimming hole all to myself.  I have been indoors for 3 years, and so
my skin is bleach white.  I have also gained an enormous amount of wait
recently.    When locals arrived at the swimming hole, they thought that I was
a dead rotting corpse that had washed ashore and so the were asking me, "Hey
Mister, are you alive ?"

David