was a champion bicycle rider. Of course we remember her from her work with the
sulfur cave in southern Mexico.

Preston Forsythe, KY

    On Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:06:22 AM CST, Charles Goldsmith
<wo...@justfamily.org> wrote:

 Louise was very active here on the mailing list and will be missed.  We are
diminished as a group.
Sadly, I never got to meet her, but felt like I knew her from talking via
cavetex.
Jodell's email is below, if anyone wants to get in touch.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jodell Miller <jpmella...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 8:12 PM
Subject: Louise Power
To: <webmas...@texascavers.com>

To those who knew Louise Power: my sister, and a caver from The University of
Texas, Austin, in the early 1960s.
 I relate to you with a sadden heart that she passed away on August 28, 2018 in
Medford Oregon.  She had been ill with congestive heart failure and kidney
failure for a long time. Her desire was to be cremated and have her ashes
scattered in the mountains surrounding Medford.  My daughter and I were able to
carry out her last wishes. She now rests peacefully overlooking the mountains
she loved.
She had retired from BLM in Medford  on her birthday May 30, 2017. She still
enjoyed reading about Texas and Mexico caving even though she had not been able
to cave for many years. She frequently added comments on threads in the Texas
Cavers Newsletters.
She will be missed by her friends and familyJodell Power Miller