From: Geary Schindel
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 7:20 AM
To: Geary Schindel
<gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org<mailto:gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org>>
Subject: Brown Bag presentation - Jesse Chadwick - The Burgess Shale: New
Insights into Early and Modern Life from the Marble Canyon Site, Thursday,
January 17 from noon to 1 pm at EAA

Edwards Aquifer Philosophical Society -
aka brown bag luncheon

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at Noon

The Burgess Shale: New Insights into Early and Modern Life from the Marble
Canyon Site

Jesse Chadwick
At

Edwards Aquifer Authority
Training Room
900 E Quincy Street, San Antonio, TX 78215

 Ms. Jesse Chadwick will present on "The Burgess Shale: New Insights into Early
and Modern Life from the Marble Canyon Site." The presentation will occur on
Thursday, January 17, 2019 from Noon. to 1:00 P.M. in the Training Room at the
Edwards Aquifer Authority, 900 E. Quincy Street, San Antonio, Texas. These are
informal presentations so please feel free to bring your lunch. You may also
contact the EAA at 210.222.2204 or
www.edwardsaquifer.org<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edwardsaquifer.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chongjie.xie%40utsa.edu%7Cb8249f574727419a2c9b08d638e7bfc4%7C3a228dfbc64744cb88357b20617fc906%7C0%7C0%7C636758965407504256&sdata=pVAFmaWqgi5%2BlaaLAjDR27laOlMyLogqXnvplQjjwpY%3D&reserved=0>
 for additional directions.

If you are traveling a long distance for the talk, I would recommend that you
call our receptionist at 210.222.2204 that morning to make sure that the talk
is still scheduled.  On very rare occasions, we have had to cancel or move the
talk.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Abstract:

The fossil deposits of the Burgess Shale, British Columbia provide an
unparalleled record of soft-bodied organisms during one of life's earliest
episodes - the Cambrian explosion. The Burgess has been studied since the early
20th century, perplexing paleontologists and evolutionary biologists alike with
its extraordinary fossils. In 2014 and 2016, Miss Chadwick joined the Royal
Ontario Museum and its collaborators to excavate fossils from the newly
discovered Marble Canyon site in Kootenay National Park. She will discuss some
of the new organisms described by researchers from this site, as well as
expedition life in the Canadian Rockies.

Biography:

Jesse Chadwick studied metamorphic petrology at Princeton University and
Montana State University. Her masters thesis focused on mapping and
quantitative thermobarometry of mid- to high grade Archean metamorphic
lithologies in southwestern Montana. She is an avid explorer of the south Texas
subsurface and its associated biological systems. She currently coordinates the
Alamo Area Clean Cities Coalition, an alternative fuels program at the Alamo
Area Council of Governments.

[https://ucarecdn.com/cfe99bfa-9ee9-4330-862f-aee807af1b4c/-/resize/132x68/img.png]<http://www.edwardsaquifer.org/>

Geary Schindel

Chief Technical Officer,