There are quite a few people that are on this list-server ( or that used to
be )
who have been swimming at a rural spot in Mexico called "Laguna de la Media
Luna."

Most of the cavers that attended Mexpeleo 95 ( at Sierra de Alvarez ),
went swimming here.

Here is a nice video showing the swimming hole from the air.

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGLOmug3F8M

I recall a caver on this list-serve saying that they had once explored the
underwater
cave at the bottom of the sinkhole.     The water in the cave appears to be
too murky
to entice me to want to dive there ( if ever learned how ).

I have been swimming here twice, but each time we were in too big of a
hurry, and were
mostly just there to relax from the long drive before heading to cave.

I think the image below is an aerial view of the area:

    http://www.segam.gob.mx/images/FotosANPS/mediapoli.png

Here is a link on Google Maps:

    https://goo.gl/maps/yNXza5tVNs82

I do not see any easy to find karst information specific to this particular
sinkhole and the cave, so there is
an idea for someone to write an article.

There was some kind of big fire there on Christmas Eve, but I could not
find any info on what
effect it had on the "parque."

On a not-so related note,

It has now been years since I went on a caving trip in Mexico.    I can
only guess 15 or 16 years.    I
really miss it.    One of the many bizarre ironies of my life, is that I
went way out of my way to marry a girl from
down there, ( in a gamble ? ), that she and I would enjoy traveling
together down there.   My daughter will
soon be 15 and I have never taken her to any of my favorite places,
especially those in Mexico.    Now that
she is a teenager, she thinks her old geezer dad is too boring to hang out
with.  The idea of a road-trip
with her is about as likely as going to the Moon.   I never imagined that
aspect
of my life would be so disappointing and stressful.     All I can do for
the time being, is watch YouTube videos
and take deep breaths, although I am trying to force myself to drink a
Kombucha Ginger drink instead of a Dr. Pepper.

I am going to have to find a nice waterfall soon and sit for a long
time.    About the only thing keeping me
sane at the moment ( if that is even still possible ), is my recent
obsession with learning about Linux computering.