Greetings Cavers,

We hope to see you again this Wednesday January 30th at 7:30pm at The High
Road on Dawson- 700 Dawson Road, Austin, TX 78704, off Barton Springs
Road.  Please, no outside food or beverages.  They have happy hours from
5-7pm for $2-$3 beers, otherwise beer is $3-$4 and a burger with fries is $5.
 Arrive early to order! http://thehighroadondawson.com

Sean Lewis PhD will present about his recent trips to Lechuguilla.  In his
own words- "I will talk about exploration in Lechuguilla Cave in 2017 and
2018 during a set of four mini-trips that I led. Our goal is finding out
what is at the bottom of the Rift: a major set of fissures on the route
into the cave. Only an hour from the entrance, it is a jumping off point
for all of the cave's major branches. Until recently, blowing leads
remained unexplored at the bottom of the Rift, and they seemed to have
significant airflow. I will describe the history of this area, and the
results from our trips including some photos, 2D and 3D plots, and video.
This is not your typical Lechuguilla talk: as is seemingly typical for me,
human suffering replaces giant rooms and beautiful formations!"

To steal a phrase from Ellie, (although I'd guess she wasn't the 1st to use
it;)
Cavingly,
Patty Calabrese
Underground Texas Grotto Vice Chair