Greetings Cavers,

We meet again this Wednesday February 20th at 7:30 pm at The High Road on
Dawson - 700 Dawson Road, Austin, TX 78704, off Barton Springs Road.
Please, no outside food or beverages. They have happy hours from 5-7 pm for
$2-$3 beers, otherwise beer is $3-$4 and a burger with fries is $5. Arrive
early to order!

http://thehighroadondawson.com

The presentation of the evening will be "Caves of the Atacama Desert".Terry
Raines will present photos and stories from his visit to the caves of this
high desert plateau situated west of the Andes, in Chile. Known as one of
the driest places on earth, the Atacama typically receives almost
non-existent rainfall. However, Terry experienced the affects of some very
unusual weather events during his visit, and has photos to share.

One more important note:
At our last meeting, new Grotto officers were elected!

Dylan Beeler returns as your UT Grotto President!
Kara Savvas will serve as your UT Grotto Vice President!
Grace Borengasser will serve as your UT Grotto Secretary/Treasurer!

If you want to present your trip report, share the results of your
research, reminisce over some moldy oldies, or teach fellow cavers a new
skill, please contact me, Kara Dittmer Savvas, to reserve a date on our
meeting schedule. If there is something you want to hear about, give me the
tip and I'll find a speaker and arrange a presentation!

If you need guidance for formally rejoining the grotto since we've turned
into a non-profit organization or want to pay your dues, please talk to
Grace Borengasser!
Also, here is the form you can fill out to rejoin-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScl0Pm3YkoMCumAHmv_mXZUKVCFPgM0sFJ67_bHSQcutWGjEQ/viewform

If you have any other questions about the Grotto or our meetings, please
contact any one of these officers and we will gladly help you!

Sincerely,
Kara Dittmer Savvas