Dave,

Take a look at this light and share if you see fit.  I buy these for
construction work (Re-habbing  old houses, maintenance inside of power
generation turbines.. Stuff like that), as well as caving.  3AA batteries give
over 6 hours of constant light. Spot and wide beam (or both). Batteries in
back, balance the load. Water tight (but have not gone swimming in one).

I have purchased several, not because they fail, but I loose them occasionally.
They work great with rechargable batteries (electronic boosters, keep the
voltage the same with rechargeable or alkaline).

Energizer Model number  tufhd31pe

Available from a range of sources.. I paid over $40 for mine (well my employer
did at the time, and there was only one source)

Zoro has them for $25,06 and free shipping if you buy two.

https://www.zoro.com/energizer-industrial-headlamp-led-tufhd31pe/i/G2658424/?msclkid=2f71bdd9bca9114caefde1a4145de320&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA_US_Low%20PC%20%3E%2010%20Clicks&utm_term=4581664953884707&utm_content=Lighting,%20Flashlights%20%26%20Batteries&gclid=CLGhxtrG6eACFeKbswod-NIMHA&gclsrc=ds

Never heard of Zoro, and you can find other bargains on the web.

Cheers

Robert (Now in Upstate NY)