I imagine you all do not want me posting obituaries every day.

So please look at the posting of such news as a way to honor our
speleo-comrades, fellow hodag-hunters, troglodytes, etc.

Dale Lofland ( Ohio/West Virginia caver )

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dispatch/obituary.aspx?pid=190817131

On a totally different note,

while surfing this topic, a bizarre name appeared in
the search.   It was a name I had not seen in 38 years.   I thought that I
would click
on it out of curiosity, and to my surprise, my best friend in the 8th
grade, had
just passed way.   He was 4 months older than me.     I spent most of the
night
trying to contact my classmates and his family trying to offer some form of
condolences.
The best I could do was get it posted on a Facebook page for my high
school, and I contacted
a 3rd cousin of his on Facebook who had never met him.    Only one
classmate responded,
saying, "yah, I remember him."

Not caving related, but this past week I enjoyed watching the SpaceX
launch, docking, and
splashdown.     I also watched Alan Eustace's documentary on his space
jump.     It is interesting
to compare the differences in his space jump and the one before his that
was more publicized.

I am still tinkering with my Linux desktop distros.   I have about 7
different ones running at the moment,
mostly all developmental versions.    My install of Fedora Rawhide just
"borked" on me.    Trying to reinstall
it.    This is a relief, compared to the stress going on at work right now.

Had I not had some unexpected things happen this week, I might have been
able to go on a road-trip for the
first time in 6 months.     If anybody in Houston wants to go on a 24 hour
road-trip, Saturday night, send me a
message.    I finally have a real off-road spare-tire ( and new ) on my
Sequoia, for the very first time.