Wednesday night, 11 p.m.

I am in a nice clean motel on the south side of the east Texas town of
Carthage.   I would have made it to Tenaha, had I not been such a w*ssie.

I got a large dose of Americana today, as I was not able to find a single
Craigslist ride.   I learned Sunni Muslims believe Adam had 10,000
children.  They allegedly want to **** every Shite.    My first ride out of
Cookeville was an old man who scared the cr*p out of me.  He was me from
the future, 2030,  appearing as some sort of bizarre apparition, like that
song about Hank Williams in the Cadillac.  It felt like a horse kicking me
in the gut.  He had done a lot of spelunking in his youth, but no organized
caving. ( Cedar Creek Cave ?  in East Tennessee )

Oztotl or one of the recently deceased cavers or both must have looked out
for me.  The old guy was willing to drop me off at my aunt"s door in Hot
Springs.   But I decided to press on and visit her another time.
Unfortunately, it all went downhill from there.   It took me 8 hours to get
from there to this motel.  I wasted another hour after that, but it became
futile to press on.

So far to date, this trip has cost me roughly $ 442.  But I lost about $
300 in work so far.

I am still about 8 hours from home, if I had a straight shot.

D.L.