I mentioned a few weeks ago that I saw a new headlamp at Walmart that
caught my eye.

I am in very deep doodoo at the moment, but I went ahead and bought the
headlamp today.

First impression is this is the first department-store headlamp that I have
ever seen under $ 25 that is suitable for real Texas caving.

6 light settings, strap fits over helmet, and has 3 piece strap, dust
resistant, plastic seems good plastic.  No green or blue or strobe or flash
settings.

The rotating hinge seems cheezy, so I would set it at the best angle and
epoxy it.

I would bet you could cave with it for 5 hours, but after that you would
have to put on a different headlamp.

So this headlamp is better as a back-up, if you plan to cave for more than
5 hours.

I would not venture into Honeycreek Cave with it.  Maybe you could
gerry-rig it to be water-resistant, but not water-proof.

Hopefully, it will end up at the 2020 NSS Consignment Sale.

David Locklear

P. S   Friday morning ( in 29 hours), I go before a county criminal judge
for cyber-bulling a witness that I spent 9 wasted days trying to deliver a
subpoena to.    I think I know how Mueller feels.  It is a nauseous or
unsettling feeling.  The case will surely get postponed.   Imagine not
having any idea who your accuser is - just some random insignificant name
on a piece of paper.  And then imagine you are certain they are the ones
that should be on trial, instead of you.   I live in the upside-down.    I
haven't even met with my attorney.  He is out of town till next week.   But
we texted each other.   I hope that I don't end up like Epstien.